Amazon Cancels NY HQ2 Plans
Amazon Pays $0 Federal Income Taxes
Amazon Buys Eero • Facebook vs Anti-Vaxxers
The Most Popular App in China
Samsung Galaxy S10+eF5G
Our 5G Augmented Reality Future
Apple News Event March 25th
New HoloLens Coming Next Sunday
Pokemon Go Trespassing Legal Battle
Fortnite Carlton Dance Legal Battle
Apex Legends Eats Fortnite’s Lunch?
Tetris 99 is the Battle Royale Game You Didn’t Know You Needed
Improving government websites, blocking the big five, Spotify’s podcast move, and more.
— Alphabet Earnings: Google’s Cost Per Click
— Cutting out Google, Apple, Amazon, Facebook, and Microsoft
— The US to Ban Huawei 5GTech
— Germany Outlaws Facebook’s Business Model
— What if Google Just Doesn’t Pay Its Fines?
— Amazon Might Back Out of NY HQ2 * Amazon Live is Twitch for Infomercials
— Spotify Buys Gimlet and Anchor
— Apple to Pay France 500M Euros in Back Taxes
— Angela Ahrendts Says Goodbye to Apple
— Apple’s Security Wins and Losses of the Week
— Microsoft Says: Don’t Use IE or Office 2019
— Sprint Sues AT&T Over Fakey 5GE
— Marshmello Fortnite Concert is a Herald of the Future
— 2020 Olympic Medals Will be Made Out of Recycled iPhones
Host: Leo Laporte Guests: Matt Cutts, Gina Trapani, Dwight Silverman
FaceTime Flaw, Apple Spanks Facebook and Google, Huawei Suspicions, FBI Wants Your DNA, and more.
• How to Watch the Superbowl Commercials Without All That Annoying Football
• Apple’s Not So Horrible Quarterly Earnings
• Facetime Flaw Dulls Apple’s Privacy Shine
• Apple Spanks Facebook and Google for Data Slurping
• How Much Does Facebook Suck?
• Huawei’s Tendrils
• Family Tree DNA Gives FBI DNA Records
• Japanese Govt Will Hack IoT Devices
• SF to Ban Law Enforcement Facial Recognition
• Spotify Wants to Buy Podcasters Gimlet for $200M
• Americans Got 26.3 Billion Robocalls in 2018
• Netflix vs Amazon = Quality vs Quantity
Host: Leo Laporte Guests: Georgia Dow, Devindra Hardawar, Christina Warren
2019 Tech Predictions, CRISPR Babies, Amazon Scout, Foldable Phones, and More!
— WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook Messenger to Merge
— 2019 Predictions- Amazon Will Rise, Twitter Will Fall
— CRISPR Babies Confirmed
— Amazon Scout Will Usher in the Age of Autonomous Delivery
— France Fines Google 50M Euros
— Google loses right to be forgotten case
— Foldable Phones are on the Way!
Host: Leo Laporte Guests: Jason Hiner, Greg Ferro, Brian McCullough
-Apple’s Tim Cook Calls for Data Privacy.
-773M Passwords Pwned
– How to Find Out If Yours Was.
-Amazon Tries to Make Alexa Sound “Newsy.”
-Google Buys Fossil.
-74% of Facebook Users are Clueless.
-Facebook’s 10 Year Challenge.
-Atari Founder Making Alexa Board Games.
-Stop Using Windows Phone!
-Tokyo Hotel Fires Half its Robots.
Our Favorite Things at CES 2019 All of our favourite products and trends at CES 2019!
— Impossible Burger
— Health and wearables
— Amazon vs Google
— Smart products and “Smart” products
— Wireless power
— Toilet tech and ultrasonic bladder monitoring
Host: Leo Laporte Guests: Fr. Robert Ballecer, SJ, Cherlynn Low, Stacey Higginbotham
Don’t Go to CES, Apple’s Earnings Warning, Amazon’s Great Holiday, and More!
— Apple tanks on Tim Cook’s earnings warning – is the golden age of iPhone over?
— Are Facebook and Google too big to Fail? No. Here’s why.
— China and the US duel over security, AI, and quantum computing.
— Qualcomm vs Apple legal battles heat up.
— Fortnite and Pokemon Go rake in the dough in 2018.
— Amazon wins big over the holiday season.
— Microsoft wants to give you control over your digital data.
— For the 1st time in 20 years, an entire year’s worth of books, movies, and art enter’s the public domain.
— The 10-second toothbrush, the Kurigization of Things (KoT) and more reasons why you shouldn’t go to CES 2019.
Host: Leo Laporte
Guests: Iain Thomson, Mike Elgan, Alex Wilhelm
– Black Friday was Amazon’s biggest sales day ever
– Marriott Hack hit half a billion Starwood guests for 4 years
– Indian Microsoft scammers busted – Amazon’s new machine learning racecar, quantum blockchain, and more from re:Invent
– When is Amazon rolling out Prime Health?
– UK grabs thousands of Facebook emails from bikini app company – Google’s China woes continue
– Apple at the Supreme Court
– Microsoft tops Apple as world’s most valuable company
China’s technological totalitarianism, Black Friday winners and losers, social media backlash, and more.
— US government tells allies not to buy Huawei products
— China to fully roll out “social credit” scoring system by end of 2020
— Is Apple bringing back the iPhone X?
— Google News may leave EU over link tax
— Cards against Humanity wins Black Friday, Sears loses.
— For one brief shining moment this week, Microsoft was the world’s most valuable company
— Social media influencers and social media backlash
— Amazon wants to buy Fox sports channels
Host: Leo Laporte Guests: Mike Elgan, Jason Snell, Adam Fisher
– Facebook’s latest crisis is… its reaction to its last crisis.
– Waymo plans a driverless car service.
– Amazon announces its new headquarters in Queens and North Virginia.
– Google’s “smart city” in Toronto gets some pushback.
– Julian Assange has been charged with… something?
– SpaceX gets approval to launch 7000 internet satellites.
– Japan’s cybersecurity chief is 100% unhackable – because he has never touched a computer.
– Alphabet’s Verily gives up on glucose-measuring contact lenses.