After security researchers discovered a new round of malware on nearly 30,000 Macs, they set to work trying to understand its mechanisms. On MacBreak Weekly, Leo Laporte, Andy Ihnatko, Rene Ritchie, and Alex Lindsay discuss this latest bit of malware and talk about how they protect their Macs.
On This Week in Google, Leo Laporte, Jeff Jarvis, Ant Pruitt, and Dr. Nirit Weiss-Blatt discuss Google’s announcement that it will stop tracking individual users for the purposes of ad tracking and rely on anonymous group-based tracking instead.
There have been no new iterations or models of the Apple TV since Apple introduced the Apple TV 4K. Given the rumors of a potential redesign, Leo Laporte, Andy Ihnatko, Alex Lindsay, and Rene Ritchie discuss what they think a new Apple TV would look like.
• Ian Sherr from CNET breaks down the amendment to an Arizona bill that might influence the battle between Epic Games, Google, and Apple.
• Lance Ulanoff, writing for Medium, gives a deep dive explanation of Non Fungible Tokens and how they are being used in the creative space.
• Square announced its majority stake in the Tidal music streaming service, and Alex Wilhelm from TechCrunch has some thoughts on what it could mean.
• Jason is flabbergasted by the use of AI to analyze and animate recordings of piano performances.
• Mikah details TALON, an enormous collection of AI-powered surveillance cameras blanketing much of the US.
Windows 7 security, updating your wireless mouse drivers, internet radio, converting old TV signals, laptop choices for professionals, buying or leasing an electric vehicle now and days, chatting with Sam Abuelsamid, Chris Marquardt, and Rod Pyle, and more of your calls!
Brenden O’Leary of GitLabs joins This Week in Enterprise tech to discuss the proper uses of GitLab. Co-host, Curtis Franklin, asks about the responsibility of code repositories regarding malicious code that may be stored. Are code repositories responsible for malware leaks into the wild?
• Chrome to default to trying HTTPS first when not specified.
• Firefox’s “Enhanced Tracking Protection” just neutered 3rd-party cookies!
• As easy as “SolarWinds123”.
• Rockwell Automation’s CVE-2021-22681 is a CRITICAL 10 out of 10.
• VMware’s vCenter troubles.
• SpinRite update.
• Microsoft issues emergency patches for 4 exploited 0-days in Exchange.
• CNAME Collusion.
NC Computer Tech services Fuquay Varina , Holly Springs and surrounding NC areas. We offer prompt, professional, courteous service with over twenty years of experience dealing with residential and small business clients offering them solutions and fixing their computer and network issues at reasonable rates.
Our services include but are not limited to:
We service and repair Windows and Apple desktop and laptop computers
System diagnostics and troubleshooting
Virus, Adware, Malware removal
Data recovery and migraton for Windows and macOS
Local and cloud data backup solutions and implementation
Hardware and software installation and troubleshooting
Custom computer builds
Repair and install Windows, macOS, and Linux
Wired and wireless home or business network setup and troubleshooting
Windows Server installation, troubleshooting and maintenance
Install and troubleshoot printers, scanners, copiers and other peripherals
NAS device installation and configuration
Remote access and VPN setup and configuration
Cloud based services implementation
Computer optimization and cleanup
Office network relocation
Hardware & software purchase consultations
Windows and macOS lessons and tutorials
WordPress site installation, maintenance, and virus removal services
Types of problems that require troubleshooting
Computer won’t power on
OS won’t boot
OS won’t shutdown
To name just a few.
Common hardware we can replace/install
Desktop and laptop motherboards
Laptop and tablet screens and DC jacks/charging ports
Laptop and tablet batteries
And much more.
Software we can install, update, configure, and troubleshoot
Email clients for computer and phone
And anything else, including general Android and Iphone support.
Please call if you have any questions about other services we may provide.
We service Angier, Apex, Cary, Duncan, Fuquay Varina, Garner, Holly Springs, Lillington, Raleigh, Willow Springs and surrounding NC areas.